- Mixing cement or concrete has traditionally been a laborious task, since concrete has been around many thousands of years, having been used extensively by the Romans.
- In fact concrete comes from the Latin word "concretus" meaning compacted, solidified or condensed.
- The largest unreinforced concrete dome is still the Pantheon in Rome, built in 120AD!
- Until the invention of the cement mixer this job was usually carried out using a shovel, spade or other implement to mix in a wheelbarrow or other container, so a cement mixer can save a great deal of time and effort
- Although the words concrete and cement are often used for the same thing, cement is actually a constituent pf concrete and a cement mixer should really be called a concrete mixer.
Have more questions? Submit a request