What are the main features to look for in a portable petro generator?
- The main features to look out for in a portable petrol generator include the following
- A reasonable weight with a carrying handle or transport wheels for larger models, otherwise it is not truly portable.
- Enough power to cope with your needs adequately. Remember, some items use more power on start-up than they do to run, so don’t end up with a generator that is not powerful enough
- Reasonably low noise - enclosed design for less noise when the generator is running*
- A decent fuel capacity will help longer running times and less re-fuelling
*(see the article – ‘How noisy are portable petrol generators?’)