- A durable mowing bar with hardened, long-lasting and sharp blades.
- A powerful petrol engine.
- Heavy duty wheels with solid or pneumatic gripping tyres for extra purchase in awkward or slippery conditions.
- A decent mowing width, perhaps from 80cm or so up to around 120cm in larger models
On more advanced models you can look out for...
- Edge or bar protection to avoid the blades knocking against objects, walls and other obstacles.
- Height adjustable blades for flexibility.
- Height adjustable handles for optimum comfort in operation.
- Self-propulsion on top end models.
- Anti-vibration system
- Forward and reverse gears for easy manoeuvrability
- Optional alternative attachments on some models
- Fully floating head for tackling vegetation on uneven ground
All our sickle bar mowers are fully reviewed with feature and specification lists. If you need more details, they can e found here - Sickle Bar Mowers